At KofC 4057's most recent council meeting, we welcomed new brother knight Scott Carl to the order, and Grand Knight Tim Lynch received a plaque commemorating the council's gift to a Carlisle Little League team.
Please see photos below.
Knights Help Local Children
St. Patrick Knights of Columbus Council #4057 recently provided coats to children in need at seven local middle and grade schools. In cooperation with school nurses, guidance counselors, and principals, St. Patrick Knights were able to identify children at the schools who needed a coat for the upcoming winter. On November 18, 2022, the Knights were excited to deliver 144 coats to the various schools to meet the specific individual needs!
Awards Received from Supreme
For fraternal year 2020-2021, your council 4057 earned the Columbian Award and the Founders Award. On behalf of the Supreme Knight, District Deputy Jim Markley presented the award to 4057 Grand Knight Chuck Bailey at the council meeting on October 14.
- The Columbian Award is given to those councils who exhibit, through their programs and events, focus on Culture of Life, Youth, Family, the Council, service to the Community and the Church.
- Founders Award - The Founders award is given to those councils who seek to increase the number of Brother Knights aware of the fraternal benefits, that the Knights of Columbus Insurance program has to offer, by meeting or exceeding their new insurance member quota.
Fraternal Benefits Night
From our KofC Insurance Field Agent:
There will be virtual Fraternal Benefits Night hosted by Van Mueller on THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 4, at 7:00pm.
The link for registration is within the attachment and below:
Please share widely to your Council Members and Parishioners.
All Parish Members are welcome to attend – not just Knights and their family members.
I will send at least one email to each of your Council Members, for whom I have an email address. That will reach many but not all.
To obtain credit for the Founders’ Award, please see the second attachment.
This form is from the last Fraternal Benefits Night, but I don’t believe it will change drastically.
Information: KofC Fraternal Benefits Night
Speaker: Financial Industry Leader Van Mueller
Title: Financial Success Under Any Circumstance
1. How can you maximize Social Security?
2. Do you prefer to build a legacy for your family and business or the IRS?
3. If there is a way to reduce or eliminate the income tax liability on your IRA or 401K, when would you want to know about it? Before or after they charge the tax?
4. Can you build a wonderful retirement income if interest rates remain at zero and the stock market offers zero return for a decade?
Coats for Kids: 2020
A big thank you to our Brother and Sir Knight Chip Steinberger who for the second year led #4057's COATS FOR KIDS program. The schools are MOST APPRECIATIVE of this effort as the coats are needed so very much.
Coats were delivered to Hamilton and Mount Holley Elementary Schools, and WG Rice Middle School. 1.5 HOURs donated to make a difference in so many lives.
Thank you to those who were able to join: Worthy Brothers Tony DeSorbo, Dave DeFour, Tom Kruegler, and Jack Connolly. Thank you for representing the Council that Rocks!
Halloween Drive Thru
KofC 4057 set up a candy distribution station as part of St. Patrick Church's Trick or Treat Drive though. Brother Adam Fabbri headed up a team of knights with a safari theme, including a special appearance of Joe Exotic.
We continue to have about 25-30 Knights fully engaged in activities and have been able to provide Charity in the furthering of our Faith and Fellowship and Brotherhood.
What would cause you to want to participate as you have time? What program or interest do you have that would allow your minimal participation that you would like to see? We all joined the Knights for something. Hopefully to surround ourselves with other men that make us better versions of ourselves and to support our Parish Family and our Families better.
A big THANK YOU! to Worthy Brothers Carmine Cicalese and Michael Schwartz for stepping up to support the Parish Pork Dinners! Thank you for your time and talent!
Worthy SK and Brother Chip Steinberger is Leading the Coats for Kids. If you would like to participate please let me know. Because it is elementary school related it is during the work week and time, it may be difficult but is a super worth while charitable cause that is greatly appreciated as it was last year...so if you have time the following is from Brother Chip:
"We are on schedule to deliver coats to the listed schools on Tuesday 27 October starting around noon at Hamilton(POC Hillary Carter-Mann) then to WG Rice(POC Erin Rech) and finally at Mount Holly Elementary(POC Mollie Davis). As indicated we can sort the coats around 1100 or if preferable anytime between now and the 27th. We will be wearing our Council Shirts please. At this point my only concern is the boxes which the coats were shipped, aren’t in the best condition and in case of rain, we may need to haul the boxes in suitable vehicles. I plan to bring scissors, tape and a marker, please let me know if you have question or concerns. Please forward to others, many thanks.
Additionally the Knights of Columbus Council 4057 will support the St. Patrick Church "Trick or Treat" drive through, led by Worthy Brother Adam Fabbri. Let me know if you are interested. Knights are doing a Safari/Animal Theme...details from Heidi Lynch if you wish to help out:
"Good morning, thank you for agreeing to host a “stop” on the Trick or Treat Drive Thru on Friday, October 30. It’s two weeks from Friday! Currently, there are 7 groups representing the church, they are: The Knights of Columbus, That Man is You, Walking With Purpose, St. Vincent de Paul Society, Life Teen/Edge, Parish Council and the Carlisle Area Family Life Center. I haven’t gotten an exact number from the PATS at the school yet, but I am assuming that they have around 6 or 7 as well. Here are a few things that you need to know:
1. Masks and social distancing required during the event.
2. The Trick or Treating will take place in the PAC parking lot, everyone will stay in their cars and be directed where to go.
3. Please park your personal vehicle in the school parking lot. (You can use your car to drop off supplies, then you will need to move it over to the school lot by 5:30pm.)
4. Set up is available to start at 4:00pm. (I will send you an email with a map of your location before the event.)
5. For safety reasons, please stay in the PAC lot until 8:00pm or until all of the people that are in line by 8:00pm have gone through.
6. Candy will be provided, someone will deliver it to your stop before 5:30pm.
7. Please wear disposable gloves when giving out candy (we will provide) and drop the candy into their bag or bucket, do not let them reach in."
Follow the Carlisle Knights of Columbus as they serve St. Patrick's Church and the Carlisle community.
SAINT MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the power of God, cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls.